My first game written in unity. Decided best to start learning by not having to invent a game concept or my own assets. So Brick Breaker game play and Mario Assets it is, since I know both very well. Eliminate those needs and now I can focus only on learning the game engine.
This is a severe work in progress, I will be posting updates as I go. I have successfully deployed this for Windows, Mac, Linux and BlackBerry 10.
Screens of v0.2b
Known Issues v0.2b:
- Physics needs some serious tweaking, min and max velocity needs to be defined
- Shell can get stuck in a purely horizontal bounce and must be reset, not sure yet how best to address this
- Firepower should have a fire limit of 2 on screen at a time, just like in the original game
- Firepower on mobile needs to be directional just like on PC
- Gameover/Gamereset causes some things to break, basically old gameobjects aren’t being killed off properly
- P-Switch does nothing, should turn all blocks to blue coins temporarily
- Star/Red turtle shell does nothing, should blast through bricks, (turn collision off on bricks and destroy on trigger)
- Power Block to be implemented, super rare item, ends a level when hit.
- When shell is hit from side of paddle it almost always goes to it’s death, traditionally in games like this, it should go up.
- GUI text needs to be placed intelligently based on device screen dimensions
- GUI icons need to be resized (too small)
Screens of v.01b